Saturday, September 16, 2006

What is going on?

Friday nite I pop by at a local club and happy to see those regulars at our gigs, frens and business contacts. But it seems I can't get into the mood of dancing, is it bcos all imported dj's are playing electro? Or am I getting old ?

Apparently I left the place at 2am and met a old fren who is Singaporean but working in KL as a DJ. Here goes our conversation:

G: How are you? Is been a long time never see you go up to KL?
Me: Nothing much just looking for a fulltime job and doing Trance gigs locally.

G: Trance & Hard Dance are rocking in KL!!!! So what the local trance punters into?
Me: ANTHEMS & ANTHEMS & ANTHEMS ... especially they are into Tiesto & vocal trance

G: Ohh Gosh .. KL clubbers are not into that and they are so upfront.
Me: Well end of the day we just make a living, rite ?

G: Take care ya and catch up soon.
Me: Cya soon, I am planning a trip up to meet up with the promoters and KL shufflers...

G: Remember to give me a buzz when you are in KL
Me: Will do, take care ...

4 comments:

Adminstrator said...

Yes, KL clubbers are more upfront than the Singapore ones. Sad but true. In comparison, Singapore clubbers are way behind coz they still want their "retro" trance. Shufflers here can ask for hard, but they can't even take John Askew. It's really a sad state at the moment here.

yukun

Benesia said...

This one strike hard into my heart too p@t... sometimes I wonder if I'm the real odd one here..

P@T said...

Well all of us doing for the sake of the community, life goes on .....

Adminstrator said...

"life goes on..." - as the rush comes (another chow sng song)

yukun